Serves 4 Shellfish Cobb Salad
Artisan lettuce - 1 Lb.
Large cooked Shrimp – 8 cut in half
Maine lobster meat – 8 ounces
Lump crab meat - 8 ounces
Crumble bleu cheese – 4 ounces
Hard boiled egg – 4 cut in quarters
Grape tomatoes – 4 per salad
Cucumber slices – 1 medium divided into 4
Lemon dill dressing – 2 ounces per salad (recipe as followed)
Fresh whole egg – 2
Garlic cloves – 2
Juice of fresh lemon – 1 whole
Light corn syrup – 1 /4 cup
Rice vinegar – 1/8 cup
Onion salt -1 tsp.
Extra virgin olive oil- 1 cup
Canola oil – 1 cup
Fresh chopped dill – 1 TB.
- In a robo coupe, egg, garlic, lemon juice, onion salt, and honey and start blending. Mix the two oils together in one container and the vinegar and corn syrup in another.
- While robo coupe is running, slowly pour in oil to thicken. As it thickens, slowly add the vinegar mixture to slightly thin. Alternate each until well blended.
- Pour into a container and chill. This can be made a day in advance as the dressing will be more flavorful.
For the salad:
- Toss the lettuce in a mixing bowl with the dressing to coat lettuce.
- Place on four plates, drape the seafood side by side over the lettuce and then the cheese, egg, and vegetables.
- Dress with fresh dill sprigs.