Skirt steak salad serves 4
4 – 6oz. pieces of Skirt steak
2 clove garlic (crushed)
2 sprig’s fresh rosemary (minced)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Fresh ground sea salt and pepper to season
- In a bowl, place the steak in and rub the garlic all over the meat and leave in the bowl.
- Add the rosemary, salt, and pepper coating well.
- Pour the oil over and let sit 24 hour’s.
For the salad:
1 head Romaine heart
1 lb. – baby spinach (washed)
1 cup – crumbled bleu cheese
1 cup grated- smoked gouda
½ cup marinated cooked beets
½ cup – ripe grape tomatoes
½ cup – cucumber slices
4 slices – red onion
1 cup – Buttermilk dressing
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Add steaks and cook to medium rare and pull off to let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, place both lettuces and the cheeses.
- Pour the dressing in to coat and evenly distribute the cheese.
- Portion the mixture onto 4 chilled plates.
- Divide all the other fixings on the plates.
on a cutting board with a very sharp knife, slice each piece of meat at a bias and as thin as possible. Place on the salad . serve with extra dressing if desired.