Char grilled Hawaiian Ahi with a Nectarine red onion relish serves 4
4 – Ripe nectarines (seed removed and diced)
3TB. – red onion (diced)
3TB. – red bell pepper(diced)
1TB. – fresh basil leaves(chiffinode)
2TB. – red wine vinegar
1TB. – extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients and place in a sealable container and refrigerate for one day to incorporate flavors.
4 – 8 oz. portions #1 AHI Tuna
1 TB.- Olive Oil to coat
1 TB.- Caribbean Jerk Rub
- Preheat a gas grill to 400*or a charcoal grill until coals are white.
- Sprinkle the rub on the tuna and coat well with the olive oil
- Place tuna steaks on the grill and cook on each side for 5 minutes or until about medium rare.
- Place tuna on 4 plates.
- Take out relish from fridge and evenly place on the tuna.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.