Goat cheese spread with grilled ciabatta toast
1lb. – cream cheese (softened)
1lb. – goat cheese(room temperature)
1 / 2 cup – kalamata olives chopped
1/2 cup – sundried tomatoes rehydrated chopped
1TB. – Fresh basil leaves fine chopped
3 cloves – Fresh Garlic
¼ cup – Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. – red chili flakes
1 loaf – rustic ciabatta Bread (cut in 12 1 inch thick pieces)
Extra virgin olive oil to coat bread.
- In a small pan, place half of the olive oil and garlic.
- Place on the stove on medium hot heat and roast until golden brown.
- Pull off heat and let cool.
- Place roasted garlic in oil and both cheeses into a food processer, and blend until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients except bread and use the pulse button to blend ingredients.
- Place in a bowl and let set up.
- Fire up your gas grill or a griddle and brush olive oil on both sides of the ciabatta and toast both sides.
- Place bread around the spread and serve with some imported olives, or other marinated vegetables.