Truffle Lobster Mac and Cheese
Preheat oven to 400*
3 TB. – Melted butter
1 TB. – Minced shallots
½ TB. – Minced garlic
3 TB. – Flour
4 ounces – Cream cheese
1/ 2 cup – heavy whipping cream
1 / 2 cup – half and half cream
1 / 4 cup shredded jack cheese
1 / 4 cup grated asiago cheese
1 TB. – lobster base
1 LB. – Maine lobster meat diced
1 tsp. – hot sauce
1/2 TB. – Truffle oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
1 LB. – small shell pasta cooked aldent’e
1/ 2 cup – toasted bread crumbs
1 TB. –parmesan cheese
- In a small sauté pan, heat the butter on medium heat and sweat the shallots and garlic until soft.
- Add the flour and make a roux. Stir a minute or two and set aside.
- In a double boiler, place the cream cheese, both creams, montery jack, asiago, lobster base , hot sauce, truffle oil and salt and pepper in and bring to a slight simmer.
- Stir in the roux mixture and whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add the lobster and shell pasta. Pour mixture into a 2 quart dish and spread evenly.
- Mix the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese together and sprinkle on top of the mac and cheese evenly over the top.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and crumbs are browned.
- Pull from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Portion and serve.