My recipe this month is a salute to spring and dinner salads that you can make for guests paired with a pinot grigio that will please the palate. I hope you enjoy this one. Have a great month ahead. See you next month….
Baby Kale Salad w/ apricot glazed shrimp
Lemon poppy seed dressing
For the dressing:
2TB. – apple cider vinegar
3TB. – grape seed oil
2TB. – fresh lemon juice
1 ½ tsp. – honey
1 / 2 tsp. – poppy seeds
1 / 8 tsp. – ground sea salt
1 / 8 tsp. – fresh ground black pepper
Whisk all ingredients and set aside to allow flavors to infuse.
For the salad:
4 cups – fresh baby kale chopped
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup – sliced plant city strawberries
2 whole – avocadoes chopped
1 / 3 cup – toasted sliced almonds
1 / 4 cup – feta cheese
For the shrimp:
20 – Large shrimp peeled and deveined
1TB.- canola oil
1 / 4 cup – apricot preserves
1 tsp. – honey
1 tsp. – lime juice
1/ 2 – jalapeño pepper minced (seeds and ribs removed)
Pinch – cayenne pepper
- Mix apricot preserves, honey, juice, and both peppers in a mixing bowl. Let rest.
- Place a large sauté pan on the stove and put on high heat.
- Add the oil and then the shrimp and sauté shrimp on one side for a minute or two.
- Flip the shrimp and cook one more minute.
- Add the apricot mixture and toss to coat. Pull off stove and let rest.