4 – 8 oz. center cut Swordfish steaks 1 ½ inch thick
Evoo to coat
Pinch of Sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1 Large Yellow tomato (cut in 4 thick slices)
1 Large Ripe Banana ( cut in half and in half to make 4 slices)
4 strips – bacon ( par cooked half way)
4 tooth picks
2 Cups – Tomato dill couli ( this recipe is the same sauce for the Mediterranean char grilled octopus in the Guppy’s recipe file on our web site )
- Fire up half of a gas grill or charcoal grill with a cool side.
- Brush the steaks with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the swordfish steaks on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Pull off the grill and place a tomato slice, banana slice and strip of bacon on each and secure with a tooth pick.
- Place the swordfish back on the cool side of the grill and close the lid. This will allow the tomato, banana, and bacon to cook and finish the swordfish without overcooking the fish. About 5 to 10 more minutes. Pull off the grill and let rest.
- Heat the tomato couli an on four plates, pour a quarter of a cup of the sauce down and place one piece of the swordfish on and serve.