2TB. - Sesame oil
1 tsp. – Fresh chopped garlic
1 tsp. – Fresh minced ginger
1 pt. – Beech Mushrooms cleaned and bottom removed
2 Sticks – Lemon grass cleaned and pulverized
11 /2 oz. – Sherry wine
1 Qt. - Water
1 oz. – Clam Base
1 oz. – Soy Sauce
1 1 / 2 oz.- Mirin
1 pinch – Red Chili Flakes
2 Stalks – Scallions chopped
2 tsp. – Toasted White Sesame Seeds
- Place water and lemongrass in a pot and place on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and shut off and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid and discard the lemongrass.
- In another pot, place on stove and pour in oil and turn heat to medium high.
- Add the garlic,ginger, and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Deglaze with the sherry and cook 2 minutes to burn off the alcohol.
- Add the lemongrass water, clam base, soy, and mirin and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the chili flakes, scallions, and toasted sesame seeds. This broth is best made one day ahead to let all flavors blend.