Yields Six Oysters
6 Large Gulf Oysters (shucked and rinsed from dirt and sand)
6 slices of bacon (minced)
1 small yellow onion diced
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 tsp. – Fennel Seed
1 / 2 tsp. – fresh Black Pepper
2TB. – Pernod
1 tsp. – ground sea salt
4 cups – fresh baby spinach
1/ 4 cup – bread crumbs
2TB. – parmesan cheese
- In a sauté pan, slow cook the bacon until three quarters cooked. Add the garlic and onions, fennel seed, and pepper.
- Continue cooking on low heat until bacon is crisp and onions and garlic are golden brown.
- Deglaze with the pernod and cook 2 minutes to burn off the alcohol. Let cool slightly.
- Place bacon mixture in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place in a mixing bowl and fold in the spinach to wilt and incorporate flavors. Add the sea salt.
- Preheat oven to *400.
- Place oysters on a cookie sheet and top with the spinach mixture.
- Mix the bread crumbs and cheese and generously top the oysters
- Place the cookie sheet in oven and cook 10 minutes or until oysters are cooked and crumbs are browned.
- Top with fresh Hollandaise or eat them just as they are.