4 – 1 1/2 LB. Florida Lobsters (split in half and head cleaned out)
Sea salt and white pepper
Canola oil to coat
For the Butter:
1 lb. plus 1 TB. – Lightly salted butter (softened to just above room temperature)
1TB. – Minced Shallot
1 tsp. – Minced Garlic
1TB. – Chipotle Paste or en adobo
1/4 Cup – Key lime juice
1 tsp. – Honey
Fresh ground sea salt and White pepper to taste
- In a small sauté pan, place the 1 TB. butter in and cook shallots and garlic until just sweated. Let cool.
- Place softened butter in a kitchen aid mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and turn on low speed.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until well incorporated. Turn mixer on medium high and whip until butter had doubled in volume.
- Place in a container and refrigerate. This can be made days in advance.
- Pull out 30 minutes prior to grilling to re soften.
To make the slaw:
1 1/2LBS. – Shredded Cole slaw mix
1Cup. – Mango Diced
1/ 4 Cup – Toasted Coconut
1 Cup – Heillmans Mayonnaise
1/ 4 Cup – Coco Lopez Cream Of Coconut
1TB. – Honey
2TB. – Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp. – Onion Salt
½ tsp. – Granulated Garlic
2TB. – Chives minced
- In a mixing bowl, blend cole slaw, mango, and toasted coconut. Let sit.
- In another mixing bowl, blend all other ingredients and mix well.
- Let set up 10 minutes and blend again to make sure all flavors are incorporated.
- Pour over slaw mixture and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Let cool in the refrigerator.
Pre heat a gas or charcoal grill to about 400*.
- When grill is hot, coat the meat of the lobsters with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place meat side down and cook about 5 minutes to get a good char and marks on the lobsters.
- Turn once and with a spoon, place a dollop of the butter on to coat and close the lid to the grill and cook another 5 minutes.
- Baste the lobsters and pull off grill.
- On your favorite plate, place two halves of the lobster facing each other.
- Divide the slaw and place in the middle of the plate.
- Baste the lobsters one last time with the remaining butter and enjoy.