Sweet Potato Pecan Salsa
1Lb. – sweet potatoes (diced ¼ inch )
¼ Lb. – dried cranberries
¼ Lb. – pecan pieces ( toasted )
1 cup – orange juice
2TB. – light brown sugar
1 tsp. – chili powder
Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add potatoes and simmer for 4 minutes. Strain and keep warm.
- In another pan, pour in orange juice and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries and turn heat down to low.
- Once cranberries have swollen take off heat and add to the potatoes. Add chili powder and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Make one day ahead to allow flavors to develop. Top on any spicy seasoned fish, chicken, or scallop’s.