Preheat oven to 300*
4 – 10 oz. Raw boneless short ribs (trimmed of excess fat)
2TB. – Melted Butter
1 – Spanish onion diced
1 – Leek stalk (washed and chopped)
2 – sticks of celery( washed and chopped)
3 – cloves of fresh garlic (smashed)
1 cup – Sherry wine
1 Qt. – prepared warm Demi Glace or Beef gravy
Salt and pepper to season
- In two separate 10” sauté pan’s, place on a stove top burner and heat both pans until hot.
- Season the short ribs well with the salt and pepper as well as the vegetables.
- Split the butter in the two pans and place the 4 pieces of beef in one and the vegetables in the other and brown both well. Pull off stove.
- Set the beef and vegetables to the side and place pans back on stove, split the sherry between the two pans and deglaze the bottom of the pans and burn off the alcohol. Scrape with a spatula as this is where great flavor comes. You may need additional water to get all the dripping loose from pan.
- In a 5 x 7 inch casserole dish, place the vegetables in and the beef short ribs on top.
- Pour the Demi Glace or Beef gravy in and cover tightly with foil, sealing so no steam can escape.
- Place in preheated oven and braise for about 2 and half to 3 hours until you can push your finger through meat with ease.
- Place 4 plates out and place your risotto, spaetzle, or mashed potatoes, or your favorite noodle down and then a piece of the short rib followed by equal amounts of sauce. Then serve. Bon Appetite.