Lemon Pepper Grouper w/ Asparagus Vinaigrette serves 4
4 – 7 ounce Grouper fillets
2 TB. – extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp. – Lemon pepper spice
1Lb. – Asparagus spears (blanched and chilled)
1 medium – Red bell pepper (julienned)
1 medium – Yellow bell pepper (julienned)
1 medium - Red onion (julienned)
1 ounce – Sesame oil
1 ounce – Extra Virgin olive oil
1 tsp. – Garlic minced
1 tsp. – Ginger minced
1/ 4 cup – Rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. – Honey
1TB. – Basil leaves (julienned)
Pinch – Red chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1TB. – Toasted white and black sesame seeds
- Mix all vegetables in a mixing bowl, season with the salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl place the two oils and the garlic and ginger, mix well and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients; blend well to incorporate all flavors. Set aside.
- Set a large sauté pan on the stove and heat on high heat.
- Season the grouper with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place the oil in and lay grouper fillets in and sear until golden brown. Flip the grouper over and finish cooking, about 4 minutes.
- Place the grouper on four plates, top with the asparagus vinaigrette and garnish with fresh basil.