4 – 7 ounce Salmon Fillet’s
Salt & white pepper
1 / 4 Cup – Flour
1 – Extra Large Egg
1/ 2 Cup – Milk
1 Cup – Canola Oil
2 Cups – Russet Potatoes (Shredded) all water squeezed out
- Pre heat oven to 400*.
- In a 10 inch sauté pan, place on stove top burner and turn on High heat.
- While pan is getting hot, season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Mix egg and milk to make egg wash, dredge top side of salmon in flour only, then in egg wash, then in the shredded potato. Repeat with other three pieces.
- Pan should be hot, add the oil to get hot.
- Place a piece of potato in oil, and if it pops or starts frying, add two pieces of salmon in potato side down.
- Fry until golden grown.
- Pull out and turn flesh side down on cookie sheet. Cook other two pieces and place on cookie sheet. Turn off stove top and place pan on a cool side of stove or away from heat to cool down.
- Place salmon in oven and cook 5 minutes or until fish is a medium rare to medium center.
- Pull out of oven and let rest.
- On four plates, spoon equal amounts of sauce in the middle of the plate, place fish on sauce, and garnish with fresh chopped chives
For the sauce:
2 ounces – Melted Butter
1TB. – Fresh chopped garlic
1 / 4 Cup - Leeks washed (white part only)
2 ounces – Flour
1 / 4 Lb. – Cream cheese
1 Cup – Chicken Stock
1/ 2 Cup – Heavy Whipping Cream
Salt &white pepper to taste
- In a sauce pot, place on stove top and turn on medium hot heat. Add the butter in and then the garlic and leeks.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook until just sweated and soft, but not browned.
- Add the flour to make a roux.
- Turn heat down, add cream cheese and stir into flour mixture.
- Add the chicken stock and stir well as the sauce starts to get thick.
- Add the heavy cream and blend together until well incorporated. Pull off stove and let cool down slightly.
- Place ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside until service.