Crispy Pecan Chicken Salad
w/ Buttermilk Tarragon Dressing
For the Dressing:
2 Cups – Heillmans Mayonnaise
1/ 2 Cup - Buttermilk
2TB. – Fresh Tarragon (chopped)
2TB. – Tarragon Vinegar
1TB. - Honey
1tsp. – Onion Salt
1tsp. – Granulated Onion
1 pinch – Cayenne Pepper
Mix all ingredients in a mixing, place in a salad dressing bowl and refrigerate. The dressing can be made 1 to 2 day’s ahead to make for a more flavorful dressing.
For the Pecan Chicken:
4 – 6 ounce Chicken Breasts (cut in half and pounded flat)
Sea Salt & Fresh Black pepper
2 Cups – Canola Oil
1 Cup – Flour
3 Whole Eggs
11/2 Cups - Milk
1 Cup – Ground Pecan’s
2 Cup – Bread Crumbs
2TB. – Brown Sugar
- Season the pounded chicken with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and milk to make a wash.
- Mix pecans, flour, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Take pounded chicken and dredge in flour, then in wash, and lastly in pecan crust. Repeat with the rest of the chicken. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, place on medium high heat, add oil, and when the oil is hot enough that a drop of water spits back, place the chicken in and cook for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and repeat 4 minutes until chicken is just cooked and not dry. Set aside and keep warm.
For the salad:
1 LB. – Baby Arugula (washed)
2 Whole Pears (cleaned and sliced long ways)