Preheat oven to 350*
4 – 10 oz. – 12oz. – Casserole or deep crème brulee dishes
Pam Butter spray
Heavy Whipping Cream 40% -9 oz.
Whole large eggs – 3
Large Egg Yolks – 3
Sugar – ¾ cup
Bittersweet Chocolate Chips – 1 / 2 Cup
Ground Cinnamon –1 / 2 tsp.
Pure Vanilla Extract–1 tsp.
Cocoa Powder –3 TB.
Toasted Ground Hazelnuts – 1 / 4 Cup
Cubed Brioche or White Bread – ¾ loaf
- First, spray dishes with Pam and set aside, in a small pot, bring to a slight simmer the cream, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add half the hot cream stirring well. Add half the chocolate chips and the remaining cream.
- Stir until all the sugar and chocolate is dissolved.
- Pour mixture over the bread and stir until cream has soaked in. let cool slightly.
- Add half the hazelnuts and the remaining chocolate.
- Fold in and pour the pudding into the four buttered dishes. Top with the remaining nuts.
- Place pudding dishes into a large casserole dish with deep sides. Pour hot water around dishes up half way.
- Place that dish in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes turn off oven and let rest in the oven 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- You can then pop the bread pudding out on plates and serve with caramel and chocolate sauces.