June 6 2017
'Open Blue' Cobia Ceviche
My recipe this month is a ceviche with our Open Blue Cobia. This fish is a sashimi grade fish so you start in the morning and finish it and serve for dinner. Hope you enjoy and until next month, Bon Appetite.
'Open Blue' Cobia Ceviche Serves 4
2Lb. – 'Open Blue Cobia' or Sashimi grade wild caught
1 ½ Cups – Fresh squeezed Lime Juice
1) Small dice cobia and place in a flat Pyrex or stainless pan.
2) Pour the lime juice over the fish and stir and push down until all the fish is submerged in the juice. Let sit in refrigerator for 8 hours.
3) After 8 hours, strain fish and let drain well. Set aside and add the following:
1tsp. – Fresh chopped garlic
¼ cup- diced red onion
1 whole – Green bell pepper (diced)
1 whole – Red bell pepper (diced)
2Tb. – Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
1tsp. – Fresh mint (chopped)
1tsp. – Fresh Basil (chopped)
½ Cup – Roma tomato (diced)
1Tb. – Fresno Chile (minced)
1tsp. – Jalapeno Chile (minced)
2Tb. – Heinz Ketchup
1tsp. – Chef Scott’s Diver down Hot sauce (or your favorite)
Ground sea salt and Black Pepper to taste
4) Mix all ingredient in a stainless steel bowl.
5) Adjust seasoning and hot sauce to your liking.
6) Place equal amounts of the ceviche in your favorite 4 bowl’s and garnish with sliced avocado, cilantro, and a lime wedge. Serve with warm corn tortilla chips. Enjoy