Grouper Cheek Po Boy w/ spicy remoulade serves 4
1lb. – fresh grouper cheeks (silver dollar size)
1 cup – Buttermilk
1 tsp. – fresh ground black pepper
1tsp. – onion salt
1 ½ cup – Drakes fry mix
½ cup – corn starch
1 – fry daddy or pan with canola oil
Season buttermilk with onion salt and pepper and submerge the cheeks in and soak over night. The next morning, take out of butter milk and let rest.
- Mix the drakes with the corn starch and sift well. Heat the oil to 350*.
- Coat the cheeks well with drake’s mixture until well coated.
- Place the cheeks in the oil and fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on a napkin to drain oil and keep warm. 4 – French baguettes, 8 Inches toasted and sliced
2 cups – shredded lettuce
1 cup – your favorite shredded cheese
8 slices – fresh tomato
4 red onion slices
4 – Pickle wedges
¼ cup – sliced banana peppers
8 oz. – spicy remoulade
1 cup – prepared tartar sauce
¼ cup - ketchup
1TB.- Chives chopped
1 tsp. – hot sauce
2 dashes – Worcestershire sauce
- Place the 4 buns on a pan and divide the cheeks out and place in the bun add the cheese and lettuce.
- Pour some remoulade over and divide the rest of the ingredients throughout the remaining sandwiches.
- Pour any left over remoulade over the sandwiches.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with your favorite kettle chips.