October 14 2017
Baby Arugula salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette & Ginger and Orange glazed shrimp
My recipe this month is an Arugula and shrimp salad that has a combination of ingredients that will aim to please. Hope you will enjoy and until next month,
For the shrimp glaze:
1 jar Orange Marmalade
1TB. Fresh ginger (minced)
1)Heat marmalade with ginger on low heat
2) Stir to melt jelly and create a glaze consistency
3)Let set for and hour. Keep warm.
For the Vinaigrette:
1 cup – Tangerine juice
1TB.- Shallots (minced)
¼ cup – extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. – Onion salt
1/2tsp. Ground White Pepper
1) Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and chill.
For the Salad:
8 cups: baby arugula
1 cup – Watermelon (diced)
1 cup – Heats of palm (sliced)
½ cup – Feta cheese
½ cup – cucumbers (sliced)
½ cup – candied Pistachios or your favorite nut
For the shrimp:
20 – Large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1TB. – Canola oil
Ginger orange glaze
1)In a large sauté pan, place on medium high heat. Add oil, and shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on one side.
2) Flip and cook 30 seconds.
3) Add the glaze and finish cooking shrimp while the glaze clings to shrimp.
4)Pull off stove and keep warm.
1) In a mixing bowl, place in Arugula and the dressing and toss to coat lettuce.
2) Take 4 plates, divide lettuce equally.
3) Place all other ingredients equally on lettuce.
4)Place 5 of the glazed shrimp on each salad and serve