For the sauce:
1 oz. Drawn butter
2TB. - Flour
1/ 2 Cup – Yellow onion (diced)
2 Cups – Sweet corn off the husk (Blanched in salted water)
2TB. – Brandy
1 Cup- Chicken stock
1 ½ Cups –Heavy Whipping Cream
Sea Salt & White Pepper to taste
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- In a sauce pot on medium heat, add the butter, then the onions. Cook until golden brown.
- Add flour to make a roux and stir 1 to 2 minutes to cook out flour taste.
- Deglaze with the brandy.
- Add corn, stock, and salt and pepper.
- Stir until slightly thickened.
- Add cream and stir a few minutes until slightly thick, add cayenne and pull off heat.
- Pour into a 2 quart blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain in a mesh strainer to discard corn skins. Set aside and keep warm.
8 strip’s extra thick bacon (cut in 1 inch pieces)
16 – u-10 Sea Scallops
¼ Cup – Blackening spice
8 whole scallions (washed)
- In a sauté pan on medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Pull off on paper towel. In the same bacon fat, Season the scallops and cook in the fat blackening both sides.
- Place the scallions in and cook til charred and pull off to the side.
- On four plates, pour equal amounts of sauce in the center, arrange scallops in a straight line.
- Sprinkle bacon over each plate and drape the scallions over the top.