Florida Lobster and Angel Hair Pasta SERVES 4
With a Black Garlic Sauce
For the sauce:
1TB. – Drawn butter
Shells from Florida Lobster
2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 leek (washed and diced)
1 celery stick (washed and diced)
¼ cup tomato paste
¼ cup brandy
1 Bay leaf
1tsp, - dry tarragon
2 cups- beef stock
2 cups lobster stock
10 cloves of black garlic (smashed to a paste)
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup blonde roux (¼ cup drawn butter and ¼ cup flour )
1 quart heavy whipping cream
¼ cup – Asiago cheese
- In a 2 quart sauce pot placed on stove, and on medium high heat
- Add the butter, fresh garlic, lobster shells, onion, celery, and leeks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until golden brown. Stir in the tomato paste and cook another minute.
- Deglaze with the brandy and cook off alcohol. Add the bay leaf, tarragon, and the two stocks and stir well.
- Turn down heat and reduce by half.
- Strain liquid to another 2 quart pot, place back on stove, and add the black garlic.
- Cook until garlic dissolves in the broth. You will see specks of the garlic.
- Turn down to low heat. Stir in the roux to thicken.
- Once thick, slowly add the cream, adjust seasoning and set aside and keep hot.
For the pasta:
1LB, – Cooked Angel Hair Pasta
4 – 6 ounce FL. Lobster tails (removed from shell and diced) save shells for sauce
2 oz. – Drawn Butter
2tsp. - Fresh chopped Garlic
1TB. – Shallots (minced)
Sea salt & Pepper to taste
¼ cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1) In a large sauté Pan, put on the stove on high heat.
2) Add the butter, garlic, and shallots. Cook until just wilted.
3) Add the lobster meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook half way, then add the black garlic sauce and finish cooking lobster meat.
4)Add the cooked angel and toss well.
5)Portion into 4 bowls, sprinkle on the asiago cheese and parsley for garnish and serve.