CURRIED CRAB CANNOLI’S
SERVES 4 (8 CANNOLI’S)
1Lb. – Snow crabmeat drained well
1 Cup – Heillmans Mayonnaise
1TB. – Curry Powder
1tsp – Celery salt
¼ Cup – Celery Minced and Juice squeezed out
¼ Cup – Cucumber Minced and Juiced squeezed out
1TB.- Chives Minced
Juice from 1 lime
- Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate. Can be made one day earlier.
8 – Wonton skins raw
1TB. - Water
1 – Half inch metal pipe about one foot long (cleaned and sanitized) and dry
- Preheat a small electric fryer or wok to 350*
- Mix the egg and water to create an egg wash. Wrap one wonton wrap over pipe lying down on table.
- Brush one side of the entire edge of the skin and wrap around pipe until it closes and seals.
- While wearing an oven mitt, dip wonton in fryer and cook until golden brown.
- Pull out, let cool slightly, and slide off on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining wontons and let cool.
- Lay out wontons and with a small spoon,spoon crab salad in both sides of the shells until all is used.
- Sprinkle the crabmeat showing with curry powder and chives. Serve two per order.