16 – Large Shucked and rinsed oysters
Sea salt and White Pepper to season
Preheat oven to 400*
4TB. Drawn Butter
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1TB. – minced shallots
1TB. - minced leek (white part only)
2TB. – minced mushrooms
Onion salt &pepper to taste
2TB. – flour
¼ cup – cream cheese (room temperature)
2TB. – white wine
½ cup – chicken stock
1cup – heavy whipping cream 40%
2TB. – shredded manchego cheese
2TB. – shredded asiago
1tsp. – chopped scallions
½ cup – panko and parmesan cheese crumbs
- Place a 2 quart sauce pot on the stove and turn on medium heat. Once hot add the butter, garlic, shallots, and leeks and cook until just soft.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and white pepper. Deglaze with wine and cook out alcohol. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn down heat and add the flour to make a roux.
- Add cream cheese and blend well until all the lumps are out of cheese.
- Add the chicken stock while stirring add the heavy cream and slow simmer until thick. mix in half of the two cheeses and then the scallions.
- Turn off heat and pull sauce off stove.
- On a sheet pan, place the oysters on and season with a little sea salt and white pepper.
- Place in oven and bake about 7 to 8 minutes just until the oysters start to slightly shrink.
- Pull out of the oven. Pour equal amounts of the sauce on each oyster; sprinkle the remaining two cheeses on until all gone. Place back in oven and bake until top cheese has melted. 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pull out of oven.
- Turn oven on broiler and place rack in the middle.
- Sprinkle oysters liberally with cheesy panko crumbs and place back in oven.
- While watching with the door open, cook until golden brown and pull out right away.
- Place 4 oysters on your favorite plate and garnish with lemon wedges.