2Lbs. – Assorted Mushrooms (chopped)
3TB.- drawn butter
1 tsp. – fresh garlic (chopped)
1TB. – fresh shallots (chopped)
¼ cup. - Brandy
2Cups. – Heavy whipping cream
1tsp. – Porcini mushroom powder
½cup. – Asiago cheese (grated)
Sea salt & white pepper to taste
½cup. – Blanched peas
¼ cup – crispy Prosciutto
2Lbs. – Cooked Papperdelle Pasta
- In a large sauté pan, heat up the butter on medium high heat, and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until brown and pull off stove. Take out mushrooms and place pan back on stove top. Sweat the garlic and shallots until soft. Deglaze with the brandy and burn off alcohol and scrape pan for mushroom drippings.
- Add heavy cream, and porcini powder and turn down heat and slow simmer to reduce the cream.
- Once cream starts to reduce, add half the asiago, the cooked mushrooms, and fold in the papperdelle. Continue to cook until pasta is well coated and flavors are blending.
- Pull off stove and portion into 4 bowls.
- Top the four bowls with the remaining cheese, peas, and crumble the prosciutto and sprinkle on top.
- Serve with your favorite toasted bread.
Preheat oven to 350*
1) Place paper thin slices of prosciutto on a wire rack over a pan. Place in the middle of the preheated oven and cook about 10 minutes. Check, if crumbles when you pick it up, pull it out and let cool on a paper towel until service.