For the sauce:
2TB. – extra virgin olive oil
1TB. – fresh chopped garlic
2cups – chicken stock
Splash of white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
2dashes hot sauce
¼ cup – cold water
3tsp. – corn starch
1.Place a sauce pot on the stove on medium high heat.
2.Add the oil and garlic, cook until garlic is just starting to sizzle.
3.Deglaze with wine, add the stock, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.
4.Mix water and corn starch well and mix into mixture, stir until thick.Turn off heat and keep warm.
For the green tomatoes:
1 cup – Canola oil for frying
8 sliced green tomato 5/8th inch thick
Salt & pepper
Eggs wash (3whole eggs &1/2 cup milk)
2 cups – Italian bread crumbs
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Coat well with flour, dip into the egg wash, then into the crumbs.
- Repeat until all are coated. In a sauté pan pour in the oil and turn on medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, fry both sides until brown and place on paper towel and keep warm.
For the shrimp:
3TB. – Extra virgin olive oil
20 – Large shrimp p&d shrimp tail off 13/15 size is good
1cup – Feta cheese crumbled
1cup – pitted large kalamata olives
½ cup – julienne sundried tomatoes
The hot chicken glaze made earlier
½ cup – heavy whipping cream
2oz. – raw butter (room temperature)
- In a large sauce pot, on medium high heat, add the olive oil. When hot, add the shrimp and sauté on one side first.
- Flip the shrimp and cook another minute, add the hot chicken stock.
- Cook two more minutes. Add the cream and butter and whisk until butter is well blended and dish is slightly thickened. Pull off stove.
- On four large platter’s , place two green tomatoes in the middle, place 5 cooked shrimp over the tomatoes and pour the sauce over top of the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the cheese, olives,and sundried tomatoes over the shrimp. Garnish with parsley, chives, or basil.