Mediterranean Chicken serves 4
2lbs. – large Chicken Thighs (boneless and skinless)
1cup – Greek yogurt
1TB. – Extra virgin olive oil
¼ Cup – minced onion
2tsp. – Garlic minced
1tsp. – Curry Powder
1tsp. – Allspice
1tsp. – Cumin ground
1tsp. – Black Pepper ground
1tsp. – Coriander ground
1/4tsp. – Cinnamon ground
2tsp. – Onion salt
Pinch – Cayenne Pepper
4 Cups- Prepared Yellow or Turmeric rice
2Cups. – Your favorite tzaziki sauce or cucumber yogurt sauce
4 Pieces – Nann Bread
- Mix Yogurt and all other ingredients.
- Let set in refrigerator for two hours for flavors to blend.
- Rinse chicken with cool water and pat dry. Cut off any cartilage or unwanted portion.
- Pour yogurt marinate over chicken and wrap with plastic. Marinate at least 24 hours.
- Light a gas grill or prepare a charcoal grill and let coals turn white.
- Clean the grill grates well and lightly oil the grates to eliminate chicken from sticking.
- Place thighs directly on the grill out of the marinate.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on both sides to mark the chicken well. This makes all the difference in the flavor.
- Pull chicken to a cooler side of grill to finish cooking. Chicken should reach 165* internally when done.
- Pull off and let rest.
- On 4 plates, divide the rice on the plates,
- Slice chicken and divide it on Rice. Serve a dollop of tzaziki on each plate and 1 piece of nann bread.